Category Archives: A Thought
This is a great dose of inspiration I found while stumbling over internet. There are always some great moments shaping around us,pause, have a look around and cherish them!
Right now is your moment, Right now is all you have and
- Some young boy is offering his seat to an old man.
- Someone is offering water to a thirsty hard working laborer building next big sky scrapper in your city.
- Some girl kept her first salary cheque in her mom’s hand
- Somewhere a student got admission into his dream college
- Somewhere a baby boy said ‘dad’ for first time
- Someone has learned how to use computer.
- A great novel is being rejected by some publisher
- A future entrepreneur failed some economics course.
- Someone got a surprise birthday party.
- Someone is thinking how to start conversation with you.
- A soldier of sorts is diligently fighting the fight so you don’t have to.
- Someone who suffered from a severe injury last year is back on their feet.
- A small group of people are building something that will soon make the impossible possible.
- Somewhere on Earth a double rainbow is stretched from one end of the horizon to the other.
- One of the next Billboard-chart-topping musical artists is patiently rehearsing in her garage.
- A piece of literature is being written that will eventually change your perspective on life.
- Young children all over the world are singing and dancing before they even realize there is anything that isn’t music.
- A friend is helping a friend rise above thoughts of suicide.
- Someone is thinking what you’re thinking, but hasn’t said anything yet either.
- Two people in your hometown are falling in love.
- Somewhere someone is admiring a breathtaking sunrise, and somewhere else a surreal sunset.
- People of various religious backgrounds are in temples, churches, mosques and other places of worship praying, wholeheartedly, for world peace.
- Someone who has struggled with their weight for the last several years is standing on a scale and smiling.
- Hundreds of cute elderly couples are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.
- A baby girl just took her first few steps without falling.
- Two best friends are laughing so hard they aren’t even making any noise.
- A future world leader is in grade school at recess.
- Someone is in the process of sincerely forgiving a seemingly unforgivable act.
- There’s a kid studying hard somewhere who aspires to get to where you are in life.
- A firefighter is running into a burning building to rescue a perfect stranger.
- Someone in your vicinity genuinely wants to be your friend.
- A young mom is lying in a hospital bed and holding her newborn baby twins for the very first time.
- Someone is taking a shower and singing happily at the top of their lungs.
- There is someone out there who smiles when they think of a specific moment they once shared with you.
- An alcoholic just celebrated one full year of sobriety.
- Volunteers in major cities all over the world are working at homeless shelters caring for those who are less fortunate than themselves.
- A young man is pulled over on the side of the road helping a young woman change a flat tire.
- A high school athlete just broke her own personal record.
- Two teenagers just received their very first kiss ever from each other.
- A husband and wife who were drowning in debt five years ago proudly hold a balance of zero on their credit cards.
- Someone is hugging a friend who desperately needs it.
- A new small business owner just wrapped up his first profitable year working for himself.
- A grandfather is holding his granddaughter’s hand and they’re both smiling from ear to ear.
- Someone just placed their spare change in the charity collection cup at the grocery store.
- A small group of friends are sitting around a table sharing funny stories and cheerfully reminiscing about the good old days.
- A breast cancer patient just found out her cancer is in complete remission.
- Someone out there is missing you and looking forward to your next visit.
- Honest people are working for various government entities to help protect your basic human rights and civil liberties.
- An emergency room surgeon is in the middle of saving his patient’s life.
- Someone is holding the door open for the person behind them.
So no matter what, Right Now you can smile, Right Now you can LIVE!
The post is originally written by Marc Chernoff at 40 Extraordinary Things Happening Right Now
Some points added by me 😀
This post is inspired by the movie ‘Man of Steel’ which shows what it is like to be an alien superhero who has to fight people of his own race to save Earth. I found the following things to be a little too convenient –
1. Gravity works as you want it to:
You can walk or run normally like humans, fly like jets, remain Stable in air like kites and go out in outer space to watch stars. This means that gravity is not a constant number (which we believe to be 9.98 m/s^2), it changes according to your gestures.
2. No need to wash your superhero Suit:
In the whole movie, let it be crashing through buildings, hills, vehicles or crashing into fields, there was not an instance when the cape of glory got stained by dust.
So you get a suit which is waterproof, tear-proof, bulletproof and even dust-proof. A lot of money and labor is saved because of this “everything – proof” suit.
3. If you need to Shave, wear the suit.
The mechanism is ambiguous but it is true. In the movie when Kent aka Kal-El discovers the suit in a spaceship, he had a beard but as soon as he comes out of the ship wearing that stunning costume he was clean shaven. And in the whole movie he never has a beard again. So to have a beard like Tony Stark he needs to go on a vacation without wearing the suit ( Oh! Then who will fight the evil Kryptonians)
4. You are no alien my friend.
You are just from another planet where the population speaks ENGLISH and looks exactly like Humans. The only difference is your race has more awesome technology than ours and yes, you get your Powers because of the Earth’s sun or atmosphere whatever it is (I didn’t get it actually). Since we are basically the same apart from power, intelligence, morals etc you can’t be an alien.
5. You can destroy public property, private property or whatever is on this goddamn Earth.
Because no matter what you are still saving us from people of your planet who want to kill us. And since there are no people in the buildings its OK to destroy them (because everyone is outside watching you fight).
6. You have laser rays, x-rays and zoom function in your eyes.
No need of Gas you can cook food using laser rays only. You can directly say no to the Washing powder salesmen without opening the door because you can look through.
There are obviously many more perks but I am so awestruck that I can’t think of any other benefits right now…
The quote above is by Mahatma Gandhi. A man who needs no introduction. But what is so special about this quote? It is quite apt in today’s India. It basically means change starts with you or the revolution begins with you.
We have this habit of complaining about things which we don’t like but knowingly or unknowingly we ourselves are a cause of them.For example we complain about the dirty streets and government not doing proper job in cleaning them but do we think before creating the mess at the first place, we think our single chocolate wrapper won’t make a big difference. We complain a lot about corruption but never hesitate in giving Rs 50 or Rs 100 as bribe to traffic policeman to escape much more heavy fine.
These small deeds by single individuals creates a bad impact on the whole society.So if we want to change our country as a we have to do some small changes in our habits.
Let’s make the World a better place!